What do you do on a cold and dreary late-autumn evening? Enjoying hot drinks and good books underneath your favourite blanket? How about a hot bath with natural oils and heavenly scents? Here’s our recipe of bath bubbles made of shea butter oil. These bubbles will not only be a great treat for yourself, but also a nice present for your girlfriend during winter holidays.
- 6 table spoons of soda powder
- 2 table spoons of lemon acid
- ½ table spoon of hard shea butter oil
- 20 drops of tangerine essential oil
- 1 anise star
- 5 or 6 cloves
- ½ tea spoon of cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE:
- Prepare a bottle with nozzle and fill it with water. Lay greaseproof paper on the table.
- Choose a shape for your bath bubble.
- Blend soda with lemon acid.
- Using method “dish in a dish” melt hard shea butter oil and slowly mix it in with soda and lemon acid. Keep mixing until the oil distributes evenly.
- Mix the blend until there are no lumps. Add drops of essential oil and mix again.
- Spray the blend with water 2 or 3 times (not more). When soda reacts with lemon acid, the mix starts to cool down. Place part of then blend in your chosen shape and compress it to leave no air gaps.
- Flip over the shape on the greaseproof paper and take the bubble out. Repeat the last step with remaining blend and make as much bubbles as you can.
- When the bubbles are ready, decorate them with anise star, clover or cinnamon.