Do you want to have beautiful hair? Well try this!
It does not matter if you have long, short, straight or curly hair, the most important thing is that they are healthy and shiny! If your hair looks tired, try to find the cause of the problem and solve it.
Most often the deterioration of ones hair is caused by internal problems – hormone imbalance, radical diets, use of medicine, lack of vitamins as well as high levels of stress or fatigue. Studies have shown that even lack of sleep can lead to a higher than normal hair loss.
„If none of the above mentioned reasons apply to you, another problem could be inadequate hair care. It is not difficult to change it, but you have to be consistent and patient. You can notice tremendous changes not only after periodically washing your hair brush, but also after continuously applying heated oil hair masks“ – says creator of Lithuanian natural cosmetics Uoga Uoga Lena Sokolovska.
According to Sokolovska, before starting to use oil hairmasks or scalp scrubs, do not forget the main principles of hair care.
8 golden rules of healthy hair:
- Never brush wet hair. If you have to, wait for the hair to dry at least a little bit.
- Start brushing the damp and tangled hair from their ends.
- Do not rub wet hair. Wrap them into a good moisture absorbent towel (it is perfect if you have a special hair towel) and allow it to soak up the excess water.
- Minimise the use of a hair dryer. If you have to use it, try to do it after 50% of your hair has already dried. The cooler the air flow, the better.
- Every fortnight or every week wash your hairbrushes with a shampoo, otherwise all the dust, dirt and leftovers of hair products will cover your hair and will not allow them shine and breathe.
- Try natural shampoo that is free of preservatives, silicones and foaming ingredients. Foaming, to which we have been accustomed by cosmetics industry, does not mean that it washes the hair better. Actually, foaming ingredients can dry out your hair and scalp. If you use natural shampoos, you will not harm your hair. A choice of Uoga Uoga natural shampoos can be found here: http://uogauoga.com/en/27-shampoos
- At least once a week, pamper your hair with a heated oil mask. Its magic was used in ancient India, where women paid special attention to their hair.
“It is necessary to heat the oil (you can use coconut, olive, sesame oils and their mixtures), but be careful not to overheat it. It is best to heat it by using the “dish in a dish” method which means placing the container with the oil in a large bowl with water.
When massaged into the scalp, heated oil will penetrate through the skin pores, activate the blood circulation and deeply nourish hair follicles. Strengthening of hair roots is the first step in repairing tired and deteriorating hair. Some women use hair oils for split ends, but in fact it is better to cut the ends off, and spend more time strengthening the roots and stimulating growth.” – says Lena. If you do not have time to make your own mask, you can try a Uoga Uoga oil mixture “Jungle Elixir”: http://uogauoga.com/en/home/67-jungle-elixir.html
If your hair is prone to falling or is very greasy, you should try to scrub your scalp once a week to remove dead skin cells. You willl stimmulate the bloodflow and allow hair follicles to breathe. The procedure is also useful for those who do not have such problems. However you should not do it too often in order not to dry out your hair.
Emollient and moisturizing hair mask
- 2 teaspoons of liquid honey (if you are not allergic)
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1.5-2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 3 teaspoons of ground cinnamon
Heat honey and coconut oil, using the method “dish in a dish” and mix them with olive oil and cinnamon. While it is still warm, massage it onto your scalp, put on a shower cap and leave on for at least 30 minutes. Afterwards, wash it with natural shampoo. A mask with honey will be a little more difficult to wash, however the effect will be worth it. Use this mask at least once a week.
Detoxifying scalp scrub
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Massage the scrub onto the scalp, put on a shower cap and leave it for 10-15 minutes. Afterwards wash your hair with natural shampoo. If you want a stronger detoxifying effect, rinse the hair with natural apple vinegar, which will give extra shine and balance the hair and scalp pH.
Nourishing avocado and banana mask
- half of banana
- half of avocado
- 1 spoonful of coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 0.5 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
Mash all the ingredients together until you get a smooth mixture (it is best to use an electrical mixer). Apply the mixture onto your hair and leave in for one hour. Afterwards rinse it with natural shampoo.
This article was published in the portal 15min.lt